The Herschel Advantage IR 360 consists of 3 high-emission ceramic heating elements mounted in a 360° reflective ceiling-mounted unit.
Available in voltages: 120 and 230.
The IR360 is designed to gently warm people indoors using infrared radiated heat. Infrared heat is emitted from the hot surface of the ceramic heaters and warms the body directly without heating the air in between. As soon as the heater is switched on the ceramic elements start to warm up and full operating temperature is achieved in less than 10 minutes. As the energy produced is all in the low medium to far infrared region (not visible), there is no light emitted from the heater, but elements can produce a very faint orange glow. The Herschel IR360 must be located in a position to allow proper and efficient use but one that ensures hot parts are not touched accidentally. The recommended installation height of the IR360 is 2.3m to 2.5m (90”-98”) from the floor and under no circumstances is it to be installed at less than 2.3m from the floor. In all cases it should be installed at a height where it cannot be touched in operation. Consideration should be given to any temporary or occasional additions such as stages or platforms, and the height should be adjusted accordingly. The Herschel ADVANTAGE IR should be firmly and permanently attached to the ceiling.
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
Click here to download the Installation Manual.
The heating elements reach very high temperatures without visible signs of the unit being on. The heaters are not for domestic or household use. The heaters must not be used or installed in any commercial premises where they can be accidentally touched or where there is a risk of damage to the ceramic elements.
The Herschel Advantage IR 360 is an ideal ceiling mounted workshop heater for commercial applications. This ceiling-mounted unit is designed for spaces giving adequate clearance from the ground (2.3 – 2.5m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 0.3m) and from the nearest wall (1.5m). With input power output of 1950 watts, these low watt-density heaters are optimised to produce far greater levels of comfort compared with hot air or gas-burning “space ray” type heating systems or other forms of electric heating often used in these environments. There are additional benefits:
- As there are no exhaust emissions there is no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – consequently raising no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.