The Herschel Advantage IR range make ideal workshop heaters for commercial and workspace applications. The wall-mounted units are designed for spaces with walls giving adequate clearance from the ground (2.3 – 2.5m) and from the ceiling above (minimum 0.3m). Available in two power outputs of 1300 & 1950 watts, these heaters produce a comfortable level of heat for a commercial working environment or garage.
Available in 230-240 volts only.
Additional benefits include:
- No exhaust emissions so no requirement for planning;
- They operate silently and without fumes – so no health and safety issues;
- Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable;
- No Safety inspections required for GAS installations;
- No maintenance. You do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed;
- You can “focus” the heat exactly to where you want it – because there is no convection of heat, none is wasted blowing into areas it is not wanted;
- Far Infrared has been shown to have positive effects on metabolism, being the waveband at which water (80% constituent of skin) most effectively absorbs heat.
Space heating can be used anywhere there is a requirement to heat a large volume and where the heaters themselves can be placed well out of reach. So workplaces like workshops, industrial or commercial units, warehouses etc make ideal locations for heaters of this sort.
The Herschel Advantage IR must be located in a position to allow proper and efficient use but one that ensures hot parts are not touched accidentally. The heating elements reach very high temperatures without visible signs of the unit being on. Because Advantage IR2 & IR3 are not fitted with a protective grill, the heaters are not for domestic or household use. The heaters must not be used or installed in any commercial premises where they can be accidentally touched or where there is a risk of damage to the ceramic elements.
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
Click here to download the Installation Manual
In areas with air movement/wind the heated area may reduce by 1/3 to 1/2. In these areas we recommend mounting at the lowest height and proportionally increasing the number of heaters.