Herschel’s Vulcan 9 – 12kW Infrared workshop heaters are designed to heat large spaces like workshops and warehouses. They offer considerable advantages to operators seeking alternatives to gas or convection-based heating systems:
- Vulcan provides heat exactly where and when you want it. Used to heat specific zones within a large space;
- Pollution-free – Vulcan does not emit any fumes and does not require additional ventilation;
- Powerful – designed for industrial use;
- Covers large areas from high installation heights
Effective, transmissive Radiant heat is produced by 6 x Quartz – Halogen (IR: 1µm) lamps. The Vulcan is also unique in being equipped with fans that serve two purposes:
- Significantly enhancing heat distribution (in the direction the heating is pointing)
- Considerably extending the life of the lamps by keeping them cool, without affecting their radiance.
The Vulcan 9 – 12 kW infrared workshop heater is ideal for industrial units wishing to avoid using fully convection-based or gas-based blower systems.
Always refer to Herschel for an accurate assessment of your heating requirements.
Click here to download the Data Sheet.
The Vulcan can be installed pointing vertically downwards from heights of 138″ or more above the ground.
The Vulcan can also be wall-mounted angled downwards and an optional bracket can be purchased for this purpose.
380 – 415V 3-phase power should be used to power the Vulcan 9 – 12kW Warehouse Heater and installation must be performed by a commercial electrician. Do not exceed 415V as this will produce 254 Volts per phase and will shorten the operating life of the lamps.
The Vulcan 9 – 12kW Infrared Workshop Heater has no built-in controls. Please discuss control options with Herschel during the estimating phase of your heating project.
The inbuilt fans have their own circuit and must be operational at all times that the lamps are operational and must continue to operate for at least a minute after the lamps are switched off. Failure to observe this requirement will invalidate the warranty.
Vulcan 9 – 12kW Infrared Workshop Heaters are special order items. The purchase price includes the first set of 6 lamps.